RLCatalyst AppInsights Now Available for AWS & ServiceNow Customers to provide Dynamic Application-Centric View of Cost, Health, and SecuritySeptember, 2021
Relevance Lab announces the availability of a new product RLCatalyst AppInsights on ServiceNow Store. The certified standalone application will be ava...
RLCatalyst AppInsights-Dynamic Application CMDB with AWS and ServiceNowJune, 2021
Many AWS customers either integrate ServiceNow into their existing AWS services or set up both ServiceNow and AWS services for simultaneous use. Custo...
- Application master for the enterprise
- Application linked infrastructure currently deployed and in use
- Actionable Insights that help you take proactive remediations
- Cost allocation at application levels (useful for chargebacks)
- Current health, issues, and security findings with application context for better management
- Better aligned with existing enterprise context of business units, projects, and costs codes for budget planning and tracking
- Dashboard per AWS Account provided (aggregated information across accounts will be added as part of the future roadmap)
- Ability to track an Application-View with active application instances, AWS active resources, and associated costs
- Trend charts for application, infrastructure, and cost details
- Drill-down ability to view all applications and associated resources that are updated dynamically by scheduled or manual sync.
- Security findings with severity levels
- ServiceNow ITSM, AWS Account with service management connector and RL DataBridge
- AWS multi-account Application-Centric view with an ability to aggregate across accounts and search for keywords on AppRegistry attributes
- Cost allocations per application
- Detection of orphaned instances (not linked to AppRegistry resources)
- Relationship Structure/Business Service Mapping that helps define the dependency view
- Actionable Insights - Automated Remediation with BOTs
- Ability to integrate AppInsights with additional third-party tools using RL DataBridge (CloudHealth, Opsgenie, Qualys)
- Ability to add additional service registry information with a dynamic view with containers, services, and third-party services tracking
- Install and configure AWS Service Management Connector version 3.7.1 or later from the ServiceNow store.
- Install the RLCatalyst AppInsights app from the ServiceNow store along with Amazon API Gateway and Lambda functions from the Relevance Lab Git Repo.
- Define the AppRegistry data using AppRegistry.
- Link the app to infra templates – AWS CloudFormation template / AWS Service Catalog.
- Ensure all assets provisioned have app and service tagging (enforced with guardrails).
- Update the scheduler to Scheduled Sync or On-demand refresh from ServiceNow.
- Set up AppInsights Data Lake refresh with static and dynamic updates (aggregated across accounts).
- Get asset, cost, health, and security views from the main dashboard.