Intelligent Automation For User And Workspace Onboarding
Using ServiceNow, AWS and RLCatalyst to create a 1-Click model
AWS Service Catalog allows organizations to create and manage catalogs of IT services that are approved for use on AWS. These IT services can include everything from virtual machine images, servers, software, and databases to complete multi-tier application architectures. AWS Service Catalog allows you to manage commonly deployed IT services centrally. It helps you achieve consistent governance and meet your compliance requirements while enabling users to implement only the approved IT services they need quickly.
Working closely with AWS and ServiceNow partnership teams, we have created an integrated solution for enterprises to enable Frictionless User Onboarding and Offboarding in these challenging times of COVID-19. The solution brings together the following building blocks.
- Auto-notification from HR systems for new Employee Onboarding or Offboarding or with Self Service Portals
- Workflow Automation in ServiceNow for user-driven or event generated request handling and auto-workflow trigger
- Cloud automation with appropriate compliance and policy checks
- Orchestration dealing with multiple enterprise systems adapters, complex workflows with integrated approval management based on company policies
- Hyper-Automation using a “Service Bus” Model with BOTs across Cloud and Datacenter workloads of Systems and Apps. These cover End User Computing devices (desktops) & Servers with a combination of Windows and Linux workloads.
Integration Service Bus:
- Integration with Taleo or Workday HR systems that manage the People Management workflows
- Integration with Organization Identify and Access Management Tools (Active Directory, SSO, IDAM)
- Integration with existing ITSM Tools, CMDB/Asset Management and Self Service Portals
- Integration with Cloud Infrastructure and Hybrid setups with appropriate policy controls with cost & governance management
- Integration with Automated Vulnerability and Patch management lifecycle for all Dynamic Assets
- Existing SOX processes for assets and resource access controls and compliance.
- Software Asset Management (SAM) controls as appropriate for the organization (Dynamic Systems and Software CMDB updates).
The following diagram explains the end to end orchestration.
In the sample flow simulated both single-user and bulk user onboarding is supported with an automated multi-stage process that covers Service request creation, AD User provisioning, AWS Workspace provisioning, and notification to end-user post provisioning.
Using RLCatalyst Intelligent automation product the entire solution can be downloaded by customers from a marketplace and enabled in their environments. It is pre-bundled for deployment inside a secure customer environment and includes:
- A ServiceNow plug-in
- An RL BOTs server deployment
- AWS Service Catalog integration and BOTs server deployment inside a secure environment of the customer.
For more information feel free to contact email@example.com